The Royal Danish Embassy in Lisbon is currently looking for a full-time Junior Commercial Advisor.
At the Embassy in Lisbon we are currently looking to strengthen our commercial activities. Our motivation is to increase Danish exports to Portugal and build strong relationships with both our Danish partner companies and Portuguese stakeholders.
As a Junior Commercial Advisor you will be working with export related projects in direct contact with Danish clients. Your main responsibilities include both project deliveries and customer acquisition. The work is performed individually and sometimes in cooperation with colleagues at the Danish missions in France, Italy and Spain. Performance at work is measured on a personal level by annual revenue and customer satisfaction targets in accordance with the guidelines of the Foreign Ministry.
The position is a one year contract with a reduced yearly income target of approximately €40,000, with the possibility of extension as a regular Trade Advisor with a full yearly income target of €72,000. You will be working on a local contract and based on the relevant legally binding local labour market rules of Portugal.
Our current commercial activities focus on specific sectors (energy, blue economy and health). Your position will thus focus on expanding assignments to other relevant industries beyond these. The position holds the potential for you to build a specific focus on e.g. ICT, foodstuffs and agriculture, lifestyle, design or other industries depending on your area of expertise.
As a Junior Commercial Advisor you will assist some of the largest Danish companies as well as a wide range of SME’s in entering or expanding their market presence in Portugal.
On a daily basis you will engage in a close dialogue with the Head of Chancellery about your assignments and goals and you will be responsible for your own clients and their successful experience of working with TC Portugal.
The day-to-day tasks will include:
* Establishing business-to-business contacts
* Providing information on market opportunities
* Preparing market /partner reports
* Organising events and planning visits
* Providing support for promotional activities
* Developing and implementing public affairs and economic diplomacy strategies
* Relevant educational background (M.Sc./MBA preferably).
* 2+ years of professional commercial experience combined with an experience in sales, marketing, market surveys, etc.
* Preferably a solid knowledge of the Portuguese business set-up and/or a solid knowledge of the Danish business landscape.
* Analytical mind-set and ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving work goals and objectives.
* Excellent networking skills, preferably with professional contacts in the commercial market and/or to public authorities.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member, often under time pressure.
* Excellent communication skills including solid knowledge of Portuguese, English and Danish (verbal and written).
* Flair for IT, analytical tools and CRM systems.
* Prepared to travel to Denmark and on special occasions to other SWE countries to meet with companies and other relevant key contacts.
* A position in a dynamic organisation which offers exciting and challenging tasks with a high degree of responsibility.
* Unique access to Danish companies and decision makers.
* The possibility for you to develop and define your own focus sectors.
* Expanding and maintaining a wide network of relevant contacts both in Denmark as well as in the SWE region.
* Performance based incentives.
Applications should include a cover letter, personal assessment against the above selection criteria, a business plan for 1 year (excluding the sectors energy, blue economy, and health), and a resume, all in English.
The successful applicant must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance prior to appointment.
The application should be addressed to: The Royal Danish Embassy in Lisbon, att.: Ambassadør Michael Suhr by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: anedia@um; email@example.com by 28 April, 2017. Email headline “Junior Advisor [your name]”.